100 Things About Moi (a.k.a., a really good way to distract myself during a painfully boring training session)
2. I have a 6 (ish) year old cat named Boo. He is the cutest thing ever.
3. I can only eat bananas if they’re green.
4. I cannot wait till I can afford to have laser eye surgery—I’ve been wearing glasses since I was in the 2nd grade, and contacts since I was 13.
5. I used to sing the National Anthem at my high school’s football and basketball games. I even sang it at a swim meet once. When I was in college, I sang it at the UGA vs. UF Greek night basketball game. It was the greatest adrenaline rush of my life.
6. I’m obsessed with celebrities and all of their foibles. If I could afford it, I’d have subscriptions to all of those trashy gossip mags.
7. My sister is my best friend in the whole world. She's also my roommate.
8. I love the Food Network. Especially Calorie Commando and Iron Chef.
9. I’m a Presidential Management Fellow. Sounds important, eh?
10. I hate the cold.
11. Before my senior prom, after about 8 of us had racked up a $600-800 bill at The Palm in Atlanta, the couple sitting behind us paid for our entire tab. They said they wanted to send over a few bottles of Dom, but forgot that high schoolers couldn’t drink.
12. I am a total girly romantic.
13. When I was a server at a Cajun restaurant in my hometown, I used to wait on Jeff Foxworthy.
14. My mother teaches school where Whitney and Bobby’s kid goes. Oh, the stories she’s told me about their antics…
15. I lived in Madrid, Spain for 4 months while I was in college. Best. Time. Ever.
16. I am a cancer survivor—malignant melanoma, diagnosed at age 19. No chemo/radiation, but lots of surgery. And lots of scars.
17. I also have an arrow-shaped scar on my right arm from when I broke it at age 18 months. I was jumping on a bed and I fell.
18. Jeff Blauser and Mark Lemke, formerly of the Atlanta Braves, did shots with me on my 21st birthday.
19. On that same birthday, I made out with my lesbian friend in a bathroom stall at the bar. Classy, I know.
20. I collect James Dean memorabilia.
21. I had alcohol poisoning when I was 18—my best friend had a big party after HS graduation, and I had waaaaaay too much Goldschlager. I still can’t chew Big Red gum because it activates my gag reflex.
22. I cry during almost every movie.
23. I get really angry when I see a tattered U.S. flag flying in the air. But, I believe very strongly in the right to burn the flag in protest.
24. I truly believe that communication is the key.
25. Remember when Lisa “Left-Eye” Lopez burned down Andre Rison’s house? Yeah, that was about 5 minutes from my house. The ashes came down over my old elementary school.
26. When I was a senior in HS, I played the role of Adelaide in “Guys and Dolls.”
27. When I was in the sixth grade, I played the role of Max the Dog in “The Little Mermaid.” Even though I was the best singer. Because this other chick was cute and had red hair, and I was well into my 10-year awkward phase. But I’m not bitter.
28. My parents are my role models.
29. I’ve never been to Las Vegas. Come to think of it, I’ve never been to a casino.
30. I did debate in college.
31. I was also in a sorority.
32. I’ve never lost a grandparent—the two that are deceased passed away before I was born.
33. I cheated on my first love. Because I was scared.
34. I’m going to be published soon—it’s an article I wrote in law school, and it’s probably wholly uninteresting to everyone but me.
35. What I’d really love is for someone to publish my poems.
36. Next on my travel list: Boston, Miami, Seattle, Israel, and South America.
37. I love playing dress-up, whether it’s for Halloween or a formal affair.
38. I get car sick, airplane sick, train sick—but not sea sick. I am totally comfortable on a boat.
39. I believe in karma.
40. I get really excited when I remember my dreams. Especially the weird ones.
41. Napping is one of my favorite pastimes.
42. I’ve always wanted to be in a band.
43. One of my greatest accomplishments was being selected to sing Mozart’s “Requiem” with Robert Shaw. He was one of the most amazing choral conductors in history, and he sweat buckets. So much that he had to change shirts an average of 2-3 times per rehearsal.
44. I love the Muppets. And Sesame Street. And Fraggle Rock.
45. My favorite book as a child was “Cookie Monster and the Cookie Tree.” It was about sharing.
46. My mother claims that I was reading by the time I was 18 months old. I was probably just memorizing and regurgitating the aforementioned book, but oh well.
47. I absolutely cannot equalize the pressure in my ears. That means flying is excruciatingly painful, and I’ll never be able to go scuba diving.
48. I hate the dentist. They have to sedate me just to clean my teeth.
49. I really hate feeling like I’ve got stuff stuck in my teeth. Thus, I cannot eat corn on the cob.
50. I loathe going to Georgetown for anything but retail therapy.
51. I think it’s really cool that I work two blocks from the White House, regardless of whether I support who lives there.
52. I fall hard. And fast.
53. I have a healthy appetite—for food, and for other things. :-)
54. I am always clumsy.
55. I am sometimes whiny.
56. Country music, old or new, makes me smile. Sometimes it makes me cry. It always makes me want to sing along.
57. I love my name. I was named after my maternal grandmother, who died long before I was born. Not only do I look like her, but my mom and grandfather swear that I’m her walking, talking reincarnation.
58. I need a vacation.
59. I care what people think.
60. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.
61. Do NOT call me Betsy. Unless you want to be kicked in the shins.
62. I want to be rich. But only if I’ve earned it.
63. I check my e-mail about 100 times a day.
64. I’m addicted to Diet soda.
65. In law school, I specialized in tax and securities law.
66. I could eat pizza every day of the week.
67. Ditto on Chinese food.
68. Ditto on sushi.
69. I’m Jewish, but no one ever guesses that about me. I guess it's because my dad isn't Jewish, so my last name doesn't give me away.
70. Breakfast is my favorite meal. Only I prefer to eat it for dinner.
71. My eyes are my favorite facial feature.
72. My butt is my favorite overall physical feature.
73. I don’t miss my car. Even on a bad day, public transportation rocks my face off.
74. When I lived in Tennessee, I lobbied the state legislature to make all of the university residence halls smoke-free. I won.
75. When I decided to move to DC, I wanted to work as a lobbyist for the American Cancer Society. I’m glad that didn’t work out, because I love my current job.
76. Generally, I’m a beer girl.
77. I’m trying to learn more about wine, to go along with my knowledge and affinity for food.
78. If I’m in the mood to be a big spender, I go for the Grey Goose gimlet, on the rocks.
79. I've never been camping. I don't really have a burning desire to go, aside from being able to say I did it.
80. I can tie a necktie better than most guys. Guess it comes from having to wear one when I was a waitress. It had Tabasco bottles on it.
81. I was born in New York, raised in Georgia, and came to DC from Tennessee. I definitely relate more to the South than to the North. In fact, I think DC is as far up the East Coast as I'll ever go. And it cracks me up when people say that DC is a southern place. Puh-leeze.
82. I love McDonald's. Really any fast food except Taco Bell.
83. I feel more comfortable in stilettos than in flats.
84. Redundancy bothers me.
85. I love condiments and sauces. All of 'em.
86. My V-card was punched on a black leather couch in a fraternity house. Again, classy. Note: I cannot believe I wrote that, considering that my parents read this blog. Then again, they weren't born yesterday--I don't think they harbor any delusions about my sainthood.
87. When I was a kid, I had an imaginary friend named Penny. She was Inspector Gadget's daughter--remember? In the cartoon? The one who really solved all the crimes?
88. I have an obscene number of handbags. My favorite bag brand is Coach, though I do also love my clutch that's made out of recycled Mexican candy wrappers. Unique, cute, and eco-friendly!
89. I'm mildly allergic to peanuts. Conveniently, I don't like peanuts.
90. I am absolutely terrified of bees. Yes, that's right, bees. I scream like a girl and run away whenever I see one.
91. I really want a dog, but I know it would be unfair to get one right now, since I'm rarely home and I live in a small apartment.
92. I've had my ears, cartilage, belly button, and tongue pierced. The ears are the only things I've pierced just once. The ears and the cartilage are the only piercings I still have.
93. I'm a very touchy-feely person, especially after a few cocktails.
94. I love beauty products. I can spend hours in CVS, just browsing the lotions and make-up and bath junk. And Sephora? I'd pitch a tent and move in if I could.
95. If I'm eating popcorn, I don't really enjoy it unless I have M&Ms to go with it. I have to alternate the sweet and the salty tastes.
96. I come from a small one, but I still believe that family is the most important and precious thing in the universe.
97. I love to cook, but I hate to clean.
98. I want to get married and have kids. Honestly, if you would have asked me 5 years ago, I would have told you that by 25, I'd at least have the first part taken care of. I'm not even close. And I'm 100% okay with that.
99. I'm not an artsy craftsy, fixer upper kind of person. Stores like Michael's and the Home Depot really freak me out and make me feel inadequate.
100. Blogging has been great therapy for me, especially this summer while I was preparing for the bar exam.
And, for good measure:
101. I appreciate everyone who reads my crazy posts, and I'm really impressed with anyone who made it through this list!